Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Central Intelligence Agency
Fusion Centres are information sharing centers which were created in the wake of the September 11 attack between the year 2003 and 2007, with the intention to correct the loopholes and the failures in intelligence and other information sharing. More precisely, these centers exist for the purposes of promoting an exchange of information between several federal level agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) with the intent of preventing future acts of terrorism.
Since their inception, these Fusion Centres have played a significant role in perfecting information sharing among state and local level government, the U.S Department of Justice, among others. This, in essence, has seen more information becoming available to analysts than ever before. For instance, about a decade since the 9/11 attack, States such as Florida have built substantial fusion centers which are intended to help gather information between various States and Federal agencies which share this information center for the purposes of sharing intelligence (WPTV News, 2011).
In my opinion, since their inception, these fusion centers have since had both a national and a homeland security implication due to the fact that they build upon their experience and expertise to address criminal threats. By so doing, they have since become positioned to play the unique role of protecting the communities, enhancing information sharing activities among homeland security and law enforcement partners as well as giving informed decision making. The availability of formal and reliable information within these fusion centers has hence improved the law enforcement community leaving the need for civilians to be aware and on the lookout of the surroundings as the only pending concern. This, in essence, will allow them to be in a position to report any suspicious activities so as to foster a safe and a threat-free community.
WPTV News |. (2011, September 7).T Fusion Centers in FloridaT [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ5czSzzYdo
Cite this page
Fusion Centers research. (2018, Aug 31). Retrieved from https://speedypaper.com/essays/101-fusion-centers-research
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SpeedyPaper website, please click below to request its removal:
- Infant Experiment
- Background Information of SMEs in Korea
- Organizational culture theory
- Aannotated bibliography example
- Meaning of Dreams
- Texas Politics
- Values in business
- Music and the Brain
- Mountains beyond mountains proverb
- Airport ramp agents
- Global Market Assessment
- Completion of Portfolio Project
- For this case, CYMA software is going to be used. This integrated solution offers solutions to a variety of accounting related problems. First, this software is designed to be able to perform a number of different tasks simultaneously. It is also designed to be able to handle bulk data and large tasks that would be difficult with software of similar nature. This accounting information system is preferred in many large organizations due to these capabilities. The software is also almost error free meaning that it will perform its actions without major problems occurring.
- What is the difference between an ice sheet and a glacier?
- Purpose and Introduction