1) Why doesnt NASA know about the Chinese booster? What advantages do the Chinese see in helping the US rescue Watney?
In the Novel of Martian, there was a time when NASA launches a rocket to rescue Watney who was trapped in Mars.NASA doesnt know about the Chinese booster because their rocket blew up but they do not have a back up to save the life of Watney who may die due to lack of food and oxygen (Hilliard and Glasser). The advantage the Chinese saw in helping the US rescue Watney was to foster collaboration between the two countries that have been great rivals. If a hiker gets lost in the mountains, people will coordinate a search. If a train crashes, people will line up to give blood. If an earthquake levels a city, people all over the world will send emergency supplies. This is so fundamentally human that it's found in every culture without exception. Yes, there are assholes that just don't care, but they're massively outnumbered by the people who do. It could also give China an opportunity to transform itself into a superpower by showing the World that it has the greatest technology in rescue mission than US (Gipson, 2015).
2) How does the Ares 3 crew find out about Rich Purnells plan? What risk for the crew is inherent in Purnells plan?
The 3 Ares crew found out that the plan of Rich Purnell could work successfully to save the life of Watney. This was because immediately they heard about that plan they started to move back to Mars to save Watney (Shippey, 2014). The risk inherent for the three crews was that there was high likelihood of poor communication between them and NASA because of electronic failure. Poor communication was the greatest risk that affected the three crews and made the Rich Purnells plan to fail. I have poor communication because the weather station has been placed a kilometer way from me. The three crews said.
3) Why are the names of Pathfinder and Sojourner representative of what Watney must do?
The names of pathfinders and sojourners representative of what Watney must do were because he was a soldier and a leader who have the responsibility of guiding other members to achieve a given purpose (Hilliard and Glasser). Actually, I was the very lowest ranked member of the crew. I would only be in command if I were the only remaining person.What do you know? Im in command. These names must be very common as Watney was stuck in Mars or red planet when he was on a journey to other plants. This therefore showed that he had the responsibility to guide and travel a long distance according to the novel (Gipson, 2015).
Shippey, T (2014). "Book Review: 'The Martian' by Andy Weir; 'Red Rising' by Pierce Brown".The Wall Street Journal.
Gipson, Lillian (2015). "Follow Mark Watney's Epic Trek on Mars with New NASA Web Tool". NASA. Retrieved October 29, 2015.
Hilliard, A. Rowley and Allen Glasser. The Martian. Project Gutenberg, 2012. Print.
Cite this page
Martian Analysis. (2019, Oct 31). Retrieved from https://speedypaper.com/essays/martian-analysis
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SpeedyPaper website, please click below to request its removal:
- AFFIDAVIT FOR SEARCH WARRANT
- Leadership: Executive Lessons in Courage, Character, and Vision
- Word Count: 1646.Introduction /Define Research Problem
- Listening Skills in Conflict Management
- Current Trends in Nursing Practice
- This data has been collected to investigate the determinants of air pollution.
- Internships and why are they significant
- Should Teenagers be given Birth Control?
- Research Papers on Brand Equity
- Reasons for the High Cost of Driving a New Car in the United States
- Media and Violence
- Protein Biological Products: Domestic Source to Overseas Source
- Introduction to hypothesis testing
- Surrogacy Essay
- Descriptive Statistics in Criminal Justice