The book written by Charles Darwin, 'Origin of Species' in 1859, insinuates that evolution involving the change in the cause of time is not an exemption to characters such as behavioural traits which also go away in assisting the organisms that have been affected by the change to better adaptation to the environment helping it live. According to Charles Darwin, "nature selects the best beings that have optimum chances of survival and are seen to be still alive as those that had to evolve to their current state" (Bishop and Margaret, 12). Evolution by natural selection is, however, backed up by several scientific shreds of evidence like development biology and even genetics.
According to the theory, however, all life on earth is in one way or another interconnected to each other, with its diversity being a product of modifications of the populations. Natural selection is survival for the fittest as an organism's ability to both survive and reproduce. This poses a lot of diverse understandings being, "On the Origin of Species" in 1859, which is the process by which organisms change over time as a result of changes in heritable physical or behavioural traits. Raising the question, are human beings animals after all?
Schopenhauer, however, insists that "each thing that a human of intellect does, is based on the principle of having the ability to having sound reasoning "(Young 34). Because human beings and even animals have exhibited similarities in the ability to cope, there could be a possibility of understanding in both human beings and animals is more or less the same. This fact shows that the will and body of animals are also interlinked as in humans. If another proof is required, it is clear that a small dog wouldn't jump off a building because, despite it being a dog, it has the capacity to reason and consider the effects of the weight of its body on the ground in case it fell. Animal consciousness is vaguely beset with difficulties in that due to them not being able to use human language; it would be challenging to deny that animals are conscious or even whether "aspects that are developed through both growth in the spiritual and also the social sense could distinguish human beings from being just mere creatures of biology" (Young 34), is of validity.
Schopenhauer proposed that since human beings were created differently from animals in the religious sense, the human race would be outstanding as humans are rational and unique. Though evolution is deeply supported by the diversities of life today, if there would be someone that could provide a better explanation giving an answer to the question of whether human beings are just creatures of biology or not, the individual would be the new Darwin.
Bishop, Philip E., and Margaret J. Manos. "Adventures in the human spirit". Prentice-Hall, 2002. Retrieved from: http://collegetestbank.eu/sample/Test-Bank-Adventures-in-the-Human-Spirit-6th-Edition-Bishop.pdf
Young, J. P. "Willing and unwilling": A study in the philosophy of Arthur Schopenhauer. Vol. 33. Springer Science & Business Media, 2013. Retrieved from: https://books.google.co.ke/books?hl=en&lr=&id=5-_VBQAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PT15&dq=philosophy+of+arthur+schopenhauer&ots=Hv1Ka3lnFN&sig=K45a5r_80dcJ32HoyLhuvMctLZc&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=philosophy%20of%20arthur%20schopenhauer&f=false
Cite this page
Essay Sample on Origin of Species by Charles Darwin. (2023, Mar 15). Retrieved from https://speedypaper.com/essays/essay-sample-on-origin-of-species-by-charles-darwin
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SpeedyPaper website, please click below to request its removal:
- Smart Governance and Evidence-Based Decision-Making, Free Essay
- Free Essay on Social Media Strategy for FnH Restaurant
- Free Essay: Perceiving Women Through the Eye of Society in the Story Girl by Jamaica Kincaid
- Free Essay: All University Students in UAE Should Perform One Semester of Community Service
- Essay Sample on Influence of Big Data and Analytics on Management Control Systems
- Vegetarian Advertisement Essay Sample
- Type 2 Diabetes refers to a chronic medical condition characterized by an individual's body inability to maintain blood glucose at a normal level due to the body cells develop resistance to insulin hormone effect or inability of the pancreas to produce enough insulin for optimal functioning (Chrvala, Sherr & Lipman, 2016). An individual diagnosed with type 2 diabetic condition requires to effectively undertake several self-care management interventions such as leading a healthy lifestyle (active physical activity, appropriate dietary plan, and body weight) and sticking to their medication or insulin therapy plan (Chrvala et al., 2016). It is essential for an individual living with type 2 diabetic condition to effectively undertake self-care management interventions to facilitate the improvement of the quality of life by ensuring favorable care outcomes (Chrvala et al., 2016). This work evaluates various learning theories perspectives and their implication for advanced practice nurses in effective provision of patient education to young adults on type 2 diabetes and medication adherence towards enhancing their self-care management capability.