Blower: Chicago Blower Corp. Turbo Pressure Blower (centrifugal) Model B2-5-184 rated at 1000 cfm at 15 inches of water with 5 hp motor with 8" butterfly inlet valve:
This means the designed air velocity for the blower is 1000ft3/m. Its equivalent in seconds is 16.67ft3/s. Hence to get % flooding, use
Where Un is the air velocity. This is done for all the values of pressure at different heights of water.
To calculate ht,
This step requires the temperatures of water, which was unavailable. This prompted the modification of the data from the earlier graphs provided.
Aeration factor depends also on the above equations
Further explanations are found in chapter 8 of (Gupta). There is a lot of information that was lacking in the data provided, but I tried as much as possible to come up with reasonable results. For example, the manometer readings water temperatures and physical properties of water. In view of this, I modified the data from graphs drawn earlier. If you could provide additional information, I could interrogate further.
Gupta, A. (n.d.). Handbook of Chemical Engineering Calculations. In P. Avinash Gupta, Handbook of Chemical Engineering Calculations (pp. 300-400).
Cite this page
Fluid flow meters/tray Hydraulics sample calculation. (2018, Apr 07). Retrieved from https://speedypaper.com/essays/101-fluid-flow-meters-tray-hydraulics-sample-calculation
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SpeedyPaper website, please click below to request its removal:
- UNDERSTANDING TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY
- Internal controls financial reporting
- Architecture of African Conflicts
- Importance of Beauty
- Communication as Medical Billing Officer
- Evaluation Criteria Article
- A Multinationals Approach to the Chinese Market
- Current Market Conditions Competitive Analysis
- Impact of Healthcare Delivery Systems
- Publicizing Air Pollution in the United States of America
- Leadership: Executive Lessons in Courage, Character, and Vision
- Human Interleukin Genes Research References
- Respiration and Photosynthesis Cycle
- Cultural diplomacy research
- Master's program in Finance