A film documentary by the name The Big Short was made that depicts the fall of the financial markets in 2008. The movie indicates that some people like Michael Burry insider information with regards to the market crash and used this to make predictions against the mortgages that were backed by securities, to make a profit out of this. The FED had made a grave mistake by depending on only a single policy instrument.
The FED also failed to control the rate for federal funds, and they also did not identify the significant implications that their actions would bring. It can, therefore, be deduced that the notion that the mortgage project or plan would not fall since the program was deemed too big to fall became the genesis of the worst downfall of the housing market, its crash and the resultant crisis that followed.
Cite this page
The Big Short: How the FED Failed to Control Financial Markets in 2008.. (2022, Dec 27). Retrieved from https://speedypaper.com/essays/the-big-short-how-the-fed-failed-to-control-financial-markets-in-2008
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SpeedyPaper website, please click below to request its removal:
- Essay Sample on Emotional Intelligence and Effective Leadership
- Pakistani Muslim Culture, Essay Sample for Everyone
- Free Paper Sample Dedicated to Professional Development
- Essay Sample on Aime Cesaire's A Tempest: The Mirror Up to Colonialism
- Free Essay Sample: Women's Suffrage Movement and Women's Liberation Movement
- Stress and Violence in the Workplace, Essay Example
- Comparison Between Early and Late Shock and Early and Late Sepsis