There are many types of movies ranging from comedy to action and cartoons. Many of these movies depict specific factors that rating systems use to classify them. These movies vary depending on their factors. Similarly, the particular factors in deciding a classification vary between countries. Notably, the classification of movies has no legal consequences only that they restrict minors from viewing them.
This paper seeks to identify the most common classification of movies in America including examples of literal movies in each category.
Motion Pictures Association of America (MPAA) is mandated with the classification of films. The criterion of classifying is based on the content of the movie concerning the audience. Fundamental principles that dictate classification are nudity, sex, obscene language, drug/substance abuse, and violence. As a result, movies are rated into six categories according to MPAA parameters.
Graphic Organizer Format of Types of Movies
To conclude, G Rating, PG Rating, PG-13 Rating, R Rating, NC-17 Rating, and ‘This Film is Not Yet Rated are the main movie classifications. However, it is important to note that classifications vary between countries. The classification ensures that different levels of viewers have access to movies that only fit their choice of factors. Most importantly, this classification restricts minors from viewing movies with obscene language and actions.
Cite this page
Classification of Movies - Essay Example. (2018, Mar 12). Retrieved from https://speedypaper.com/essays/101-classification-essay-of-movies
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SpeedyPaper website, please click below to request its removal:
- Movie Essay Example: Theoretical Analysis of American History X
- Essay Example with the Movie Review on Hobart Shakespearean
- Free Essay: Social Media and the Election of the President Barack Obama
- Billy Elliot Movie Review Essay: A Comprehensive Analysis of the Work
- The Thirteenth Amendment, Free Essay with a Movie Review
- Personal Experience Essay: Never Forget Your Childhood Dreams
- History of L Brands Inc., Free Essay in Management