List of Psychological Theories
• Parents are the first people a child will interact with because the child’s first environment is the home. Therefore the child will grow up mimicking the parents. It is because he\she is learning and developing behaviour which is not inborn but acquired from the environment. The parents, who the child gets unlimited exposure to, behave in various ways and as the child interacts with them he\she will copy these behaviours
• Any form of abuse of criminal behaviour has an effect on the child. In the case of ill-treatment, the child will be affected psychologically, and the abuse will impair his\her development. Criminal behaviour from the parents will change the child too. However, abuse and criminality do not necessarily mean that the child turns out the same way. Other influences in the child's environment will enable him\her to follow a different path than the abuse and criminal behaviour.
• There is a way to break the cycle of behaviour especially with a focus on the children. A rough environment when growing up will have adverse effects on the child and in some cases this environment will determine how a child turns out when he\she grows up. Breaking the cycle, therefore, needs, to begin with, the first setting the child gets exposure to and this is the parents. They need to create a healthy environment where the child will develop into and upright person.
• The humanistic approach bases its assumptions on an individual’s free will, and the individual has the freedom to choose the type of behaviour to engage in. Therefore, it presents support for bad behaviour because a person having the power to decide what to do will want to participate in bad behaviour.
• If everything may be used for right or wrong depending on just the thought, then people have immense power in their mind. Behaviour often bases on a person’s thought process. Therefore people have the authority to use what they have for good and make the world a better place. Even though this may not often be the case, it is the best option for those who are willing.
Even though people grow old, the elderly still enjoy sexual act and sex as a result of pleasure that is associated with sex. In the current society, the old community has played a significant role in the sexual revolution and is still enjoying the various memories that are resulted by the erotic environment. The cartoon in the modern media can convey an image that is related to sexuality and older individuals through different expressions such as psychological, physiological and social aspects of sexual development. The famous cartoon by Chelsee Williams about “Adult Diapers in Thong,” can be used to express the popular culture perceptions of sexuality and aging. Since sexual arousal is resulted by a physiological function, the physiological view and opinion voiced by the cartoon are somehow negative in a way (“Picture Quotes,” n.d.). The dominant male individual who is expressed to own the male figure, seem not to be having interest on the wife who is portrayed to be possessing the female character. This can be resulted by the psychological and the physiological issues which in this case diminish the wife’s psychological and physiological responses.
Starting with the physiological aspects that are expressed and conveyed in this cartoon, as individuals grows and grows older; their bodies also experience severe changes hence creating a different outcome. Additionally, their body’s changes to old male and females that are inactive especially when it comes to enjoying their sexual life. They turn out to be females and males that are not able to make sex enjoyable and full of energy as compared to their past experienced that demonstrated fun and energy. Ideally, this is evidenced by declining hormones that active the sexual arousal in both the male and the female.
As much as the old age is a major contributing factor when it comes to sexual attraction, the lacking male interest in her woman is one of the major factors that influences sexual performance when individuals grow up. The physiological response to the words coming from the husband’s mouth has the potential of wilting the psychological dimension of the couple’s relationship has demonstrated in the cartoon. A negative thought that is directed towards how someone looks or the nature of their body and self-worth can play a significant role in inhibiting a healthy psychological dimension. In this case, some bad thoughts and picture might run into the wife’s mind, thoughts like “I am not good or beautiful enough,”; “I am not sexy sufficient to arouse my husband to get attracted to me”; “I am not attractive enough”; I am not sexy enough to turn on my husband and look too old and what my husband see is an old mother. On the other side, it could also be the shift to the other direction, creating a wilted psychological dimension hence leading to a reduced sexual arousal.
Some of the additional causes include stress that is full in those individuals who are aging, stress makes both men and female to die sexually, sexual arousal is associated with happiness and joy, and when a male or a female is stressed, to be sexually aroused 's hard and challenging. To ensure adequate sexual arousal, an individual is supposed to be stressed free so as the activate the arousal through joy. When both the male and female grows older due to family issues, wrinkles and individuals are failing to take care of themselves as compared to their youthful stage typically occurs. As a result of old age, both the male and the female experience lower level of sexual attraction and sexual drive hence are making them draw apart from each other.
Taking about the psychological aspects, we focus on the mental state and how one feels especially in the old age period. In most cases, mature adults are usually vulnerable, and they have high chances of gaining mental disorders. In real life, most individuals especially the old age who have mental disorder experience poor sexual drive. Additionally, physiological issues also have high chances of changing once mental state which in the long run lowers one's sex drive.
Though the message portrayed by the cartoon is directed and purposefully meant to be more of a ridiculous scenario, psychologically it has demonstrated a mental disorder especially when we are considering how a man is supposed to handle and even treat their wives even at old age. Whether or not the wife is showing the signs of being goofy, or even through her mind she is trying to dress or even feel sexy; the husband is not supposed to react in a negative manner, a sign that is showing negativity or even lack of attraction. Even though psychologically, the husband can be tortured and even repulsed by his wife display of the thong/diaper, the response is supposed to be friendly to ensure real drive and even future changes which are positive. Through this psychological aspect is demonstrated.
Social Aspect of Psychology
Socially, this is one of the troublesome cartoons since it posses and will expose different reactions from various age groups. Many old individuals are finding difficult to maintain their sexual attractiveness, especially the women. Taking consideration of the young generation, the old age finds it difficult to adverse their sexual life through television and different social media sites since most; they tend to shy off when it comes to revealing their old body and old sexual life(Greenberg, Bruess, & Oswalt, 2016). Through the cartoon, the cartoon exemplifies the wife dressing in a thong, even at her old age when the adult diaper is the primary requirement. The social-cultural aspect that is demonstrated by the cartoon shows the need for the society to maintain and keep the communities larger. Additionally, the society still views sex that is practiced among the old adults as something that is not existing and not happening. And any joke that is focused on old age sex can create a significant impact on the adult age. Ideally, when portraying, what is the standard measure or what is supposed to define sexy. The society also represents the old individuals as people who don’t have sex which is sported by the older adults.
Greenberg, J. S., Bruess, C. E., & Oswalt, S. B. (2016). Exploring the Dimensions of Human Sexuality. Jones & Bartlett Publishers.
Picture Quotes. (n.d.). Retrieved March 20, 2017, from https://www.pinterest.com/pin/497225615081602383/
Need a paper on the same topic?
We will write it for you from scratch!
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SpeedyPaper website, please click below to request its removal:
- Curriculum and Assessment
- Family Case Report
- Minimizing Maternal Mortality by Over Three-Quarters
- Globalization: Changes that draw us together
- Commonwealth essay
- Cause Of The Civil War Essay Sample
- Significance of Mandatory Military Service
- Summary of the argument of Roger Cruton and Frederick Engels
- CYBER SECURITY ESSAY
- Statistical Research Proposal
- Creating Anglo-America
- Diversity in education essay